[Koh Howe Soon, Eugene]
I chose to delve into the social media strategies of Universities (SMU, NUS, and NTU) to find out how each college uses social media to engage with its stakeholders (current students, prospective students, and graduated students) and to attract prospective students.
These are my research questions:
- How do Singaporean universities, specifically SMU, use social media to engage with its stakeholders, and
- How does SMU uses social media strategies to attract prospective students and how do they compare with those from competitor institutions such as NUS and NTU?
The primary data was collected from 29th February to 14th March 2016 and on three social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. These dates are critical in the university’s crafting and delivery of social media content for prospective students.
- 4th March: Release of ‘A’ Level Results
- 5th & 6th March: University Open House (SMU & NTU)
- 12th & 13th March: University Open House (NUS)